The Gold Standard
Summary of the Illinois Video Gaming Act
The Video Gaming Act
The Video Gaming Act was introduced on July 13, 2009. It legalized the use of video gaming terminals in establishments that are licensed including bars, restaurants, wineries, golf courses, truck stops, fraternal and veteran organizations and more.
Video Gaming Terminal
A video gaming terminal is any electronic game machine that, upon insertion of cash, is available to play or simulate the play of a video game by the Illinois Gaming Board (the "Board").
This includes but is not limited to Illinois video slots and video poker as authorized by the Illinois Gaming Board. Utilizing a video display, the player may receive free games or credits that can be redeemed for cash.
Net Terminal Income
Steps to Go Live
Having Video Gaming in your establishment is a great way to generate extra revenue!
Here are the ten basic steps:
- Step 1 Check with your municipality to be sure that your town is approved for licensed video gaming. Or call Gold Rush Gaming and we will be happy to help you in finding this information out. 630-307-0500.
- Step 2 Check to be sure that all of your personal and business taxes have been paid as required by the Illinois Gaming Board (IGB), and promptly renew your city and state liquor licenses.
- Step 3 Contact Gold Rush Gaming, sign our Terminal Operator Agreement and IGB tax release forms, and work with our Licensing Coordinator to submit your gaming application (typically a one day process).
- Step 4 Create and maintain a file for your gaming paperwork to make available for inspection by the Illinois Gaming Board.
- Step 5 Have all parties to your liquor license and gaming application get fingerprinted and send fingerprinting receipts to Gold Rush Gaming.
- Step 6 Be sure to monitor your email box and voice mails for IGB correspondence including any paperwork requests and to schedule your location site inspection.
- Step 7 Once your site is inspected, your application is presented to the Illinois Gaming Board (IGB) for approval at their monthly meeting.
- Step 8 Gold Rush will then call you with your Gaming Board Approval, and schedule your "Go-Live" date.
- Step 9 Complete your electrical build out including 2 dedicated 20 amp circuits and at least 7 electrical outlets. Gold Rush Gaming’s team will install equipment.
- Step 10 Meet with Gold Rush Gaming's marketing department to discuss great creative advertising programs to generate additional revenue.